Weathering through the bone chilling cold this winter had my skin cracking from the constant blasts of dry heat of our furnace.
While I treated myself to a replenishing facial at the local day spa, I began thinking about ways to take care of myself during the long months of December, January, February and March.
After brainstorming I did some research for new ideas on a quick refresher. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money and these short breathers have long term effects for your health. I wanted to share them with you~ now all I have to do is use them myself!
- Read a good book during your lunch break.
- Sit in your heated car at a park or near a creek and watch the water or the wildlife nearby.
- Do a digital detox. I keep going back to this but with so many handheld devices grabbing our attention, it only adds to the stress of our already full weekday. Turn off that phone for a few hours. Get away from social media, the news, the fitbit and do something you’ve wanted to do but have not had the opportunity.
- Call a relative or a friend to watch the kids for a few hours.
- Take some moments for a DIY facial, manicure and/or pedicure.
- Take a day off from work and relax.
- Take up stretching exercises. I have found relief from years of sitting at a computer by incorporating stretches. You can find a good book or tutorial on youtube on the subject.
Finally, Here is a bonus recipe for you to use for a basic body scrub made from ingredients you can find in your kitchen.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar (Large granulated brown sugar works best!)
1/4 cup oil (olive oil or coconut oil work great)
Optional: essential oils of your preference. (I love lavender or similar floral scents)
Let me know what you think! What are some ways you treat yourself?